Friday, February 17, 2006

Ebay Powerseller Set-Up Equipment.No1

Ebay Powerseller set up equipment is very important to get right or you'll be hampered for a long time until you simply must get the right equipment, making additional expense and wasting all the time you could have used the right equipment .I am only going to go into a rough outline here and will deal with each section in more detail soon,but here goes the list for now.

You will need.
  1. A desk top computer...duh I hear you say, "Obviously" but some people use a laptop and what you need is something that can be left on and be available all the time, not just after the dishes are done and the kids/dog/husband/wife etc.. have been put to sleep.Don't foget this is a BUSINESS ,not just a pastime. Try to get a fast and quiet one but anything that will connect to the internet will do.
  2. A digital camera.All the ebooks people get for free say you can use a scanner.YOU CANNOT USE A SCANNER.Digital cameras use no film and cost nothing to run...this means you can take 600 shots of your sales goods and edit out the crud .600 shots on film will cost you the price of a good digital camera.I regularly take about 400 shots whenI list about 10 new lines. Ask any professional photographer and they will tell you about framing a shot and taking each sot in a variety of lighting and exposures, this can be done with editing software but it isn't as easy as just cropping the shot and adding a copyright mark into the photo.(more to come on this subject later)
  3. A decent printer.read my last post.It doesn't have to be flashy just faster than my old one and try to get one that won't give you a headache every day by midmorning.If you do sell a lot of items you will be printing invoices, reciepts, packing slips, labels, records, and picking lists.
  4. A Telephone. Obviously you have a phone or you wouldn't be on the net.Make sure it's an answerphone.You would not want to miss the phonecall from the guy who has seen the (for instance dvd player)you are selling and wants 400 of them for his store chain....yes it happens..this is why you MUST , ALWAYS ,list all your contact details in every listing on ebay.I mean, email,phone,fax if you have one,skype,msn messenger,aim,icq,anything that can say I want to buy some.

Right thats all the office equipment you will need.If I think of anything else I have forgotten,I'll let you know.I know what you're saying now...Yeah,Yeah , I've got all that now what do I do with'em....

Well it's 1 am where I am so I'll start chapter1 of that one tommorrow.

Cherrio, Pete

No comments: