Thursday, February 16, 2006


Laser Printer Con.
Just been to collect a laser printer I bought online from P.C.World.Co.Uk.I got a Brother HL2030 for £69.98
which I though was ok as its meant to do 16 pages per minute and be crisp printing.I really need it as I'm doing 80 invoices a day and otherstuff too.The inkjet I've been using has a page rate something between 3 and 5! Mentioning no names it is so slow I'm surprised they still make them in epsonland.
So anyway I checked out the toner cartridges, and they are £49.99 for 2500 sheets cartridge (at 5% coverage= 2p a sheet).This is a right royal rip off, actually I have since found the printers for sale on ebay.co.uk without either the toner or drum,so I reckon it must be cheaper to buy a new printer when you need a drum (12000 sheets)and toner together,then sell the old shell off for peanuts.

I have determined to get some aftermarket refill kits and try them out as and when the toner runs out, and I'll let you know how I get on. They start from as little as £9.50 and you get enough for 2 refills(5000 sheets =5 sheets/penny!)

This gets to the thrust of the article for me, you need a certain amount of equipment for a
proper ebay selling system ,but it doesn't have to cost the earth to set up, and I'll get to that in the next post, later tonight .
Ta Ta See Ya Soon,Pete.

No comments: